- Minimum of 20 years of experience as a Lead Drilling Engineer, gained through working for reputable oil and gas E&P companies of which 5 years must be as Head drilling .
- Experience in Offshore Exploratory and Development drilling Operations is essential.
- Proven track record as a strong team player and ability to lead a team with a personal commitment and proactive approach to HSSE.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels. Significant experience in a Drilling Engineer role and delivery of all aspects of detailed field development drilling engineering.
- Competence with Landmark well engineering software packages (DIMS,Wellplan, etc).
- IWCF Well Control certified or equivalent.
- Experience of developing options on horizontal wells, short/multi-laterals, sidetracks, water injectors etc.
- Leading by example with a strong commitment to HSSE, to deliver Drilling Engineering and planning work program, through industry leading service providers.
- Responsible for technical integrity and assurance of well designs and oversee full integration between sub-surface and wells teams during the planning process.
- Prepare Cost estimates(AFE).
- Technical risk assessment, management, contingency planning and mitigation.
- Review of existing well designs and recommend design optimization, well design, to include casing design, cement design, trajectory planning, and fluid programmes for producers and water injectors.
- Create and maintain the Drilling elements of the Wells Basis of Design (BoD) and detailed Drilling BoDs
- Front end planning for development wells in conjunction with subsurface team
- Review and selection of well options (including side-tracks & multi-laterals)
- Specification and standardization of installed well equipment (OCTG, wellhead, trees, etc)
- Contractor Performance Management
- Review of Schedule of Rates (SORs) and drilling programmes and recommendations for improvement and optimization
- Coordination of in house technical support and external drilling technical support
- Participate in the complete contracting process, including preparing scopes of work and specifications for rigs, equipment and well services, leading technical elements and preparing technical and commercial recommendations.
- Single point of contact for well planning issues.
- Participation in rig/well site and service base audits for conformity to international standards.
The Head Drilling will be accountable for drilling engineering and contracting activity to support the planning and execution of full field development drilling operations.
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization